Here is a quick reference guide for the medicinal properties and uses for Aloes and Sandalwood Essential Oils. Print out and keep handy with your essential oils for easy reference.
Plant origin: Indonesia, India
Medicinal properties: Used in skin care, enhancements deep sleep (stimulates the release of melatonin), applied in the treatment of urinary tract infections, and is supportive of female reproductive and endocrine systems. Sandalwood is high in sesquiterpenes, and has been re- searched for its ability to stimulate the pineal gland and the limbic region of the brain-the center of emotions. Like Frankincense, it supports the nerves and circulation.
Traditional uses: Sandalwood and Pomegranate is used for skin revitalization. Newsweek magazine reports that the Pomegranate fruit has protective benefits against cancer, heart disease and high blood pressure. Its seeds and surrounding pulp are packed with nutrients like vitamin C and potassium.
Other uses: Sandalwood helps with cystitis and urinary tract infections. It is helpful with acne, depression, meditation, pulmonary infections, menstrual problems, nervous tension, and skin infections. It is great for dry or dehydrated skin. Pomegranate fruit is high in antioxidants and is helpful to prevent heart disease and stroke. Pomegranate extract is known for its amazing skin care benefits.
Application: Diffuse, apply topically, or burn in incense.
Note: Sandalwood contains the fourth highest concentration of sesquiterpenes of all the oils (90%). Sesquiterpenes deprogram misinformation and carry oxygen at the cellular level. Some have found it helpful with removing negative programming from the cells.
Uses for Aloes / Sandalwood
1. To enhance deep sleep, place a drop of Al- oes / Sandalwood oil in the palm, rub hands together, then cup hands over nose and breathe deeply before bedtime.
2. Trouble with eyesight? Try rubbing a drop of Al- oes / Sandalwood above the eyebrow and around the eyes in wide circles, three times a day.
3. Blend a few drops of Aloes / Sandalwood with olive oil and apply to chapped or wrinkled skin.
4. Splash a drop or two of Aloes / Sandalwood on the cheeks or neck for a great aftershave or cologne.
(Ladies, you may want to blend with your favorite oil and place in a decorative bottle to give as a gift to that special someone.)
5. For a relaxing bath, add six drops to running water or add with bath salts.
6. For chronic diarrhea, rub Aloes / Sandalwood oil blend on the stomach.
7. To aid in healing wounds, place one drop of Aloes / Sandalwood oil on cut or incision.
8. Massage an Aloes / Sandalwood / olive oil mixture into scalp to slow graying.
9. Apply one drop of Aloes / Sandalwood oil to cold sores at first symptom, then several times a day until healed.