Essential Oils are easy to use and very effective for treating everyday ailments and conditions. Here are 3 of my favorite oils and some easy applications to start you off …
Lavender – is the “must-have” essential oil. It is highly regarded for its skin healing properties and excellent for general soothing and calming.
If you only have one bottle of essential oil in your home – Lavender should be it!
- Inhale lavender for an overall calming effect.
- Rub a few drops on sunburnt skin to ease pain.
- Rub a drop on your palms and breathe in deeply to help with hay fever.
- 2-3 drops on a rash will stop itching and heal your skin.
- Drop lavender on a cut to stop the bleeding and speed healing.
Peppermint – is one of the most effective essential oils for treating digestive ailments such as flatulence, slow digestion and heartburn.
- Rub a few drops on your abdomen to relieve nausea, indigestion, gas pains, and diarrhoea.
- Massage several drops into the soles of your feet to reduce a fever.
- If you suffer infection from arthritis, sprains, strains and bruising – rub 2 -3 drops of peppermint on the affected areas.
- Mix a drop in a gallon of water for drinking to cool off on a hot day.
- To deter ants, cockroaches, mice and rats, place two drops of peppermint on cotton wool and place along the path or point of entry.
Lemon – Citrus oils have long been used for their calming and balancing actions. Lemon has antiseptic properties and contains compounds that have been studied for their effects on immune function. It is also commonly used in weight loss and cellulite reduction.
Please Remember …
– Make sure that you buy from a reputable supplier – some oils can be adulterated or impure. This changes their potency and their effect.
– Keep your essential oils in dark glass bottles.
– Treatments with Essential Oils do not replace medical treatment.
– Citrus oils should NOT be applied to skin that will be exposed to direct sunlight or UV rays within 72 hours.
Want to know how to make your own aromatherapy foot remedies and bath blends? Visit http://www.diy-stress-relief.com/essentialoils.html