Another easy way to use essential oils is in the air around your home. There are many different ways to do this and they are very simple to do, you will find many ways to use them yourself.
– A vaporizer can be used, there are a few different ways to use them depending on the type of vaporizer that you have. Ceramic or metal vaporizers use a candle or light to heat the oil, to use essential oils mix several drops in the bowl of the burner with a little water. The water will keep the oil from evaporating to fast. For room vaporizers with large containers for the water you can place a few drops in with the water or some models may have a small dish in the top where the steam comes out to place the oil.
– Diffusers are a great way to use oils because most come with a variety of settling to control the rate at which the oils will evaporate and are also very easy to use since most come with pads to put the oils on.
– Light rings are very easy to use, just put a few drops of oil into the ring, place on top of the bulb and turn on the light. However they can not be used with the new fluorescent light bulbs.
– Candles can also be used with oils. First light the candle and let burn for a little bit till there is a pool of wax, blow out the candle, add 1-2 drops of oil to the pool of wax and then relight the candle.
– Steam inhalation can be done directly by adding 5-6 drops of oil into a steaming hot bowl of water, then placing your head over the bowl with a bowl over it over the bowl. The other way to use steam inhalation it by taking a bowl of steaming hot water adding 5-6 drops and placing in a central location in a room.
– Room sprays can be made by adding 4-7 drops per cup and placing in a clean spray bottle.
– Adding essential oils to fabrics is another way to use them in the house. One way is to place a few drops on the edge of your pillow right before bed or on a handkerchief and placed in your pocket to smell throughout the day. You can also add a few drops to an old cloth and place in the dryer when you dry your clothes.
– Hot or cold compresses can be made by adding a few cups of steaming hot water or ice water to a bowl with 5-6 drops of oil. Then soak a towel in the water, wring out and apply to the area.
– Neat application on lavender or tea tree oil can be used for many first aid applications, including burns, scratches and stings.
– They can be used for disinfecting around the house by putting 50 drops of oil into 4 cups of water.
These are just the main ways that you can use essential oils around your home. Once you start using them you will find many other ways to use them on your own. Using them around your home is a great alternative to all the dangerous chemicals that you could be using around your home.